A. A. It is possible to configure DNS servers that are also domain controllers to store the contents of the DNS database in the Active Directory which will then be replicated to all domain controllers in the domain. The option to store the DNS database in the Active Directory is not available on DNS servers that are not domain controllers.
- Start the "DNS Management" MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - DNS Management)
- Expand the DNS server, expand the "Forward Lookup Zones", select the domain, e.g. savilltech.com
- Right click on the domain and select Properties from the context menu
- Under Type click Change
- Select "Active Directory-integrated" and click OK
- Click OK to "Are you sure you want this zone to become an Active Directory-integrated"
- Click Apply then OK