A. The Internet Explorer Maintenance portion of the Group Policy (User Configuration, Windows Settings) has a hidden option. To access this option, perform the following steps:
- Open the Group Policy you want to modify.
- Expand User Configuration, Windows Settings.
- Right-click Internet Explorer Maintenance.
- Select Preference Mode from the context menu.
- The system will add a new Advanced branch with two groups, Corporate and Internet Settings. Double-click one of them.
- The system will open a dialog box with various settings that you can change as desired. (The Advanced settings option under the Internet Settings is very useful.)
- Click OK.
Click here to view image
If you want to remove the Advanced object, you must select Reset Browser Settings, which loses all your other settings but removes the Advanced object. Likewise, if a Group Policy is already applied, you need to reset it and then enable the Preference mode.