A. Using the TCP/IP configuration GUI you are limited to 6 IP addresses however more can be added by directly editing the registry:
- Log on as an Administrator
- Start the registry editor (regedt32.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and scroll down to the service for your adapter card (Look at the adapters tab on the Network Control panel applet). For example the Etherlink 3 card is Elnk3, however you want the first occurrence so goto Elnk31.
- Move to the Parameters\TCPIP subkey
- Double click the IPAddress value. Enter in additional IP addresses
separated by a new line
- When finished click OK
- Next edit the SubnetMask and again add an entry for each IP address added (in the same order). Click OK when finished.
- Close the registry editor
- Reboot the machine