Today, Microsoft and Oracle jointly announced that they have partnered to seed the Microsoft Cloud with Oracle products.
The key points are these:
- Java, Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic Server will be supported to run on Windows Server Hyper-V and Windows Azure.
- Oracle will provide license mobility for customers who want to run Oracle software on Windows Azure.
- Microsoft will offer Java, Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic Server to Windows Azure customers as part of the image gallery.
- Microsoft will offer fully licensed and supported Java in Windows Azure.
- Oracle will make Oracle Linux available to Windows Azure customers as preconfigured instances.
These announced features are available immediately.
Microsoft's Announcement: Microsoft and Oracle announce enterprise partnership
Oracle's Announcement: Oracle and Microsoft Expand Choice and Flexibility in Deploying Oracle Software in the Cloud
Oracle licensing information: Licensing Oracle Software in the Cloud Computing Environment (PDF)