The Preview Release of the Windows Management Framework 4.0 is available, which includes some various PowerShell 4.0 components, as well as the core PowerShell 4.0 bit.
With TechEd Europe and BUILD in the same week, it's near impossible to keep track of all the Preview goodies that Microsoft is announcing and releasing. And, believe me, it's going to get worse as Microsoft continues its new "rapid release" program where it dumps tons of bits on all of us a couple times a year.
One new release available over the last few hours includes a Preview Release of the Windows Management Framework 4.0, which includes some various PowerShell 4.0 components, as well as the core PowerShell 4.0 bit.
Here's what all is included in this download:
- Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Windows PowerShell ISE
- Windows PowerShell Web Services (Management OData IIS Extension)
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
- Windows Management Infrastructure (WMI)
- The Server Manager WMI provider
- A new feature for 4.0, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
You can grab the full download here: Windows Management Framework 4.0 Preview