Q: I'm moving between email accounts in Outlook and want to copy the contents of my calendar. How do I do this?
A: For items such as mail and contacts, it's possible to select all the items and then just copy them into the respective location in the new mail account in Outlook. However, if you try this with the calendar, you end up with a second calendar—which isn't what you want to happen. To copy the contents of the calendar, perform the following steps:
- Open the calendar for the account that has the current calendar content you want to copy, and ensure that no other calendars are selected as visible (unchecked in My Calendars).
- On the View ribbon, select Change View (far left icon), and set it to List, as the following figure shows.
- Select all items (Ctrl+A), then select Copy (Ctrl+C).
- Change the selected calendar to the one you want to copy to (again, change the View to List).
- Paste the items (Ctrl+V).
You've now copied all your appointments between calendars. You'll be prompted regarding whether you want to simply copy the items or accept any invites (which means you'll get updates).