Key features for client access devices running Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Remote Desktop Connection 8.0 Client: Remote Desktop Connection 8.0 client that's compatible with RDP 8.0 and allows users to use new features in RDP 8.0.
- Dynamic In-Session USB Redirection: Enables users to select USB devices for redirection even in the middle of a remote session.
- Improved single sign on experience for Remote Desktop Web Access: Simplifies and significantly enhances end-user experience by enabling users to provide a user name and password just once when connecting to IT published apps and desktops; users aren't asked to provide a username and password for subsequent connections.
- Reconnect for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections: Enables end users to easily disconnect and reconnect to IT published apps and desktops.
- Support for Lync 2013 in VDI: Enables end users to have a fast and fluid video-conferencing experience with Lync 2013 in their virtual desktops.
- Support for Nested Sessions: Support for running a Remote Desktop Connection session within another Remote Desktop Connection session
Key features for Windows 7 SP1 virtual desktops running in the data center (VDI):
- RemoteFX for WAN: Enables end users even on WAN to have a fast and fluid experience by employing advanced techniques such as intelligent and adaptive UDP transports, network loss tolerance and recovery, etc.
- RemoteFX Network Auto Detect: Automatically detects network characteristics and optimizes user experience accordingly.
- RemoteFX Adaptive Graphics: Delivers a rich graphics experience that dynamically adapts to server load, client access device load and network characteristics.
- RemoteFX Media Streaming: Enables end users to get a smooth media experience even on WAN networks for all media content formats.
- RemoteFX USB Redirection for non VGPU Virtual desktops: Enables users to use their USB devices with IT provided RemoteApp applications and remote desktops.
- Support for Nested Sessions: Support for running a Remote Desktop Connection session within another Remote Desktop Connection session.
- Performance counters for monitoring user experience: Watch out for a blog post on this topic with more details.