A. Normally, you can easily disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP using the WINS tab of your IPv4 network configuration. On Server Core, however, you don't have access to the Networking Control Panel Applet. You can still disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP through the registry:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Move to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBT\Parameters\Interfaces.
- Select each interface GUID.
- Any GUID that has a NetbiosOptions value that is 0 (Use NetBIOS setting from the DHCP server) or 1 (Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP), set to 2 and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.