In addition to the subject errors, you may also receive any of the following when you connect to a Web site:
Could not open the search page Page could not be displayed
Page can not be displayed
To workaround this problem:
01. Confirm or fix your proxy settings:
A. Use Internet Explorer to select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
B. Press LAN Settings on the Connections tab.
02. Use Internet Explorer to select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
03. On the General tab, press Clear History, pressing Yes to confirm.
04. Press Delete Files and OK.
05. If you are using Internet Explorer 6.0, press Delete Cookies.
06. If you are running Internet Explorer 5.x, Press Settings, View Files and manually delete your cookies.
07. Press Press Settings, View Objects, and manually delete all the objects.
08. If your problems persist, delete all 3rd-party Internet software, using Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs. Here is a partial list of 3rd-party Internet software:
SaveNow (coupon toolbar)
Any 3rd-party firewall software
09. If your problems still exist, Start / Settings / Network and Dial-up Connections.
10. Right-click your dial-up, or local area connection, and press Properties.
11. Select each component and press Uninstall.
12. Press No when prompted to restart, until all components have to uninstalled. Press Yes after uninstalling the last component.
13. If you are prompted to install a connection, press NO.
14. After the restart, Start / Run / Regedit / OK.
15. Delete the following keys:
16. Exit the Registry Editor.
17. Start / Settings / Network and Dial-up Connections.
18. Right-click your dial-up, or local area connection, and press Properties.
19. Install Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
20. Press No when prompted to restart, until all components have been installed.
21. After the restart, if you must, install AOL.
22. If your problems still continue, delete your Index.dat file.
23. If you are using a PPPoe adapter, make sure you are using the most current update.