A. A. The password for the content advisor is stored in an encrypted form and decrypting it, while possible, is to complicated for our purposes so we will instead just "reset" the password as if it had never been set.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings\
- If this is a "Key" value select it and press DEL. Click OK to the confirmation. There may also be a FileName0 value which may also be deleted and also delete the file it points to.
- If there was not a value but was instead a sub-key ".default" move to this folder and delete the "Key" value.
- Restart IE and you should be able to set the password with Internet Options - Content.