A. Microsoft Proxy Server lets you ban certain sites and IP addresses to hide them from view. To ban a site (e.g., the Dilbert Zone, which puts you on the Pointy Haired Boss Index list), complete the following steps:
- From the Start menu, select Programs, Proxy Server, Microsoft Management Console (MMC), then the Internet Service Manager (ISM).
- Expand Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Select the server.
- Double-click Web Proxy.
- Select the Service tab.
- Click Security.
- Select the Domain Filters tab.
- Select Enable filtering.
- Select the Granted by default for all sites option, and click Add to creation exceptions, either IP address, group of IP addresses, or domain (e.g., www.dilbert.com). Click OK.
- Click OK to all the dialogs.
- Close the ISM.
Clients trying to access a banned site will receive the error shown:
I'd just like to say that I love the Dilbert Zone and read it everyday. Click here to view image