A. All members of a RAID 1 volume set must be on a dynamic disk. To convert a disk from basic to dynamic, see 'Q. How do I convert a basic disk to dynamic?'.
To create a RAID 1 set in Windows 2000, complete the following steps:
- From the Start menu, select Programs, Administrative Tools, then the Computer Management Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- Expand the Storage branch, and select Disk Management.
- Right click the partition you want to mirror, and select Add Mirror from the context menu.
- Select the disk that will host the mirror, and click Add Mirror.
Click here to view image
- If you mirror the boot partition, a dialog box details the changes that the program will make to boot.ini to enable mirror booting. Click OK.
Win2K shows the mirror set in a regenerating mode.