A. When you create a scope the more common options such as DNS and WINS servers can be configured but many more options are available.
- Start the DHCP MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - DHCP)
- Expand the server
- Expand the scope whose options you wish to modify
- Select the 'Scope Options' branch and in the right hand window you will see the currently configured options.
- Right click on 'Scope Options' and select 'Configure Options'
- Select the Basic tab and you can configure other options by checking its box and entering the details. For example a Time Server, check '004 Time Server', enter an IP address and click Add.
Click here to view image
- Click Apply. Click OK
The new option(s) will now show in the right hand window. You can change existing options by performing the above and selecting an item already configured and change the details in the Data entry area.
- Q. How do I install the DHCP Server Service?
- Q. How do I authorize a DHCP server in Windows 2000?
- Q. How do I create a DHCP scope in Windows 2000?