A. You can download the software from http://www.microsoft.com/proxy/downloads/DLwebadmintool.asp. On the Intel platform, the downloaded program is watx86r.exe. Before you download the software, you need Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 4.0 to get the most from the program.
To install the software, complete the following steps:
- Log on to Microsoft Proxy Server as an Administrator.
- From Explorer, double-click the installation program.
- Select Yes in the dialog box.
- Click Continue.
- Specify the installation directory. By default, it’s C:\msp\msp-htm. Click Yes to create the folder, and click OK.
- Click the large installation button.
- The installation will then stop certain Internet Information Service (IIS) services and perform the installation.
- If you don’t have a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) key, the program asks you if you want to continue. Click Continue.
- In the Internet Publishing dialog box, click OK.
- The IIS services will then restart.
- Click OK in the Installation Completed dialog box.
To administer Proxy Server from a browser, you connect to http://
You can then use the interface to perform all the normal functions.