A. If a machine has multiple network adapter cards, the OS can send one IP address for each adapter when it receives a WINS request. You can configure this behavior by performing the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters.
- From the Edit menu, select New - DWORD value.
- Enter a name of SingleResponse, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, enter 1 to enable or 0 to disable, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot the machine.