As an IT Pro you constantly look for ways to process more data to generate insights for accurate decision making and handle today’s resource intensive workloads. Businesses today need to support resource intensive workloads like virtualization, enterprise scalable databases, data warehousing and big data analytics and they also need near 24x7 availability. To meet these requirements today’s server platforms must deliver an extremely high degree of scalability, reliability and manageability. In the first part of this session we’ll look into:
- Some of the important business critical workloads that enterprises run today.
- How today’s new generation of servers must provide the compute, memory, networking and manageability capabilities to handle these workloads.
In the second part of this session you’ll see how:
- The world-record breaking HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 server can help you meet your business requirements through virtualized consolidation and infrastructure simplification.
- The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 server uniquely maximizes the value of emerging in-memory, in-server flash and GPGPU technologies for dramatic performance improvements.
- High performance database and data warehouse solutions based on HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 server, HP 3PAR Storage and HP PCIe Workload Accelerators create new solutions for your data intensive workloads.
If you have already registered, click here to access
Intel, the Intel logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Michael Otey, technical director for Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Pro, is president of TECA, a software-development and consulting company in Portland, Oregon. Michael has covered the topic of virtualization extensively for Windows IT Pro, having written several features articles showing how to take advantage of virtualization in the enterprise as well as reviewing all of the major virtualization products.
Tushar Agrawal is the worldwide product manager for the HP ProLiant scale-up x86 (4S) servers (including the new DL580 Gen8) and has over five years of product management experience across HP’s EPIC/UNIX and x86 server solutions. Tushar enjoys reading, music and playing ping pong!