A. Although the password policy branch is available for all Group Policy Objects it is only implemented for GPO's at the domain level so even if you make settings for a GPO for an OU or a site it will have no effect. The only way to apply password settings is as follows:
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Active Directory Users and Computers)
- Right click on the domain and select properties
- Select the Group Policy tab
- Select the domain group policy object and select Edit
- Expand the 'Computer Configuration' branch - 'Windows Settings' - 'Security Settings' - 'Account Policies' - 'Password Policy'
- You will now be able to set the relevant options
- When complete close the Group Policy Editor