A. By default, a Windows 2000 Server Terminal Services connection always prompts for a password, even if you've configured one in the connection logon information. To disable this option, perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Terminal Services Configuration snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Terminal Services Configuration).
- Right-click the configuration for which you want to disable the default password setting, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Logon Settings tab.
- Clear the "Always prompt for password" check box. Click Apply, then click OK.
- Close the dialog box. Future connections will no longer force a password entry, which will facilitate automatic logon.