Date and Time:
Wed, 03/26/2014 - 11:00am - 4:30pm
Presented by Mel Beckman
Wednesday, March 26th at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm ET
Enroll by March 19th and SAVE 20%
On the Internet, IP addresses are the foundation of communications between users and businesses. If you haven't come up to speed on IPv6 -- the follow-on to the Internet's out-of-steam IPv4 addressing protocol -- you don't have much time. IPv4 address space, now exhausted at the regional level, can't sustain the current level of Internet growth. IT professionals that leave their companies in a "v4 lurch" will likely find themselves making a downward career move.
In this intensive three-session eLearning class, Internet communications expert Mel Beckman tells you what you need to know to get IPv6-fluent and how to set up a test lab to make you IPv6-ready.
Here is what one of our students had to say:
"This class has a great balance of theory and practicality. You [Mel] made what can be a daunting subject, both easy and interesting. The fact that I could use an Airport Express for the lab was really clever, as opposed to having to procure expensive hardware that would have made it more challenging to utilize and learn from. I look forward to attending more of your classes that incorporate this hands-on approach."
Directory of IT
Session 1: Understanding IPv6 - 11 am ET
- The state of IPv6
- How to get started with IPv6
- Get your own IPv6 address space -- during the class! (these IP addresses will be yours to keep forever!)
Session 2: IPv6 addressing crash course - 1 pm ET
- Review of subnet masks
- Classless Internet Domain Routing (CIDR) notation
- Configuring IPv6 addresses on desktops and servers
- IPv6 address handling tips
- Moving to an all-IPv6 Internet: the Dual Stack solution
- IPv6 DNS forwards and backwards
- Stateless address autoconfiguration -- no more DHCP leases!
Session 3: Build your own IPv6 lab for $99 - 3 pm ET
- Components of Your IPv6 Lab
- Detailed network diagram with addresses
- Overview of your IPv6 router configuration
- Plan B for certain older Internet firewalls
- Pre-flight check and first flight in your new lab
- Next Steps
About Our Instructor:
Mel Beckman is a senior technical director at Penton and has been writing computer-related features and product reviews for more than 20 years, with a focus on IT, data centers, networking, and communications. He has built two regional Internet service providers and is currently president of Beckman Software Engineering, a technical consultancy specializing in large-scale, high-bandwidth networks. Mel has presented hundreds of seminars on computing technology throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Need to be invoiced or interested in registering two or more people? Please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-793-5697 or 913-967-1719. Invoiced orders and group discounts are available.