A. XP includes the ability to host a single Terminal Services session, which lets you access applications and files on your machine from a remote machine. For more information, go to "What's Remote Desktop?"
To enable remote access, perform the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
- Select the Remote tab.
- Select "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer."
- Click "Select Remote Users" if you want to add a non-Administrator user.
- Click Add.
- Select the users, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Remote Desktop Users dialog box.
- Click OK to close the main dialog box.
Click here to view image
You can use this session only when your computer is locked. When you log on to the machine remotely, you see all the applications that were running when you were logged on to the local computer.
To log on to the session, use the Terminal Services client, or if you're logging on from an XP machine, use the built-in Remote Desktop Connection application, mstsc.exe.