A. Just like Windows XP, after installation Vista is part of its own workgroup. To make it a member of a domain, perform these steps:
- Open Control Panel (Start, Control Panel).
- Select System and Maintenance.
- Click the System section, as the figure shows.
- . In the "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings" section, click the "Change settings" link, as the figure shows.
- If you're prompted by the User Account Control module to continue, click Continue, as the figure shows.
- In the Computer Name tab of the properties, click the Change button.
- In the "Member of" section, select Domain and enter the name of the domain and click OK.
- You'll be prompted for an account with rights to join the computer to the domain. Enter the details and click OK, as the figure shows.
- Click OK to the welcome dialog box.
- Click OK to the notice that the machine will be rebooted.
- Click Close to the dialog box.
- Click Restart Now to the restart prompt.
Once the reboot is complete, the machine will be part of the nominated domain.